Vesting Repairs to Church of St Botolphs, Hamlet of Botolphs, Nr Steyning
|Client:||The Churches Conservation Trust|
|Architect:||Nicola Westbury Architect|
|Engineer:||Hockley & Dawson|
Repairs and alterations to the internal and external fabric of the Church were undertaken due to its poor condition caused by historic movement, water ingress and low level dampness. The remedial works were undertaken in two phases:-
Phase 1 works:
- External wall masonry repairs to the Chancel, Nave, West Tower and North Aisle.
- Repairs to the roof timber structure.
- Reinstatement of the Horsham stone, slate and tile roof coverings to the Chancel, Nave and South Porch.
- Renewal of above and below ground rainwater drainage systems.
Phase 2 works:
- Stone repair of paved areas of flooring in the Nave.
- Timber repairs to floor boarding and wall panelling.
- Plastering repairs and redecoration to the walls of the Chancel, Nave and West Tower.
- Specialist repairs and cleaning to the wall paintings and monuments.
- Repairs and alterations to electrical services.